Tax for Pharmacists
Instead of spending hours filling out forms and trying to find all the deductibles you are eligible for, turn to Chandler & Knowles for a full range of tax services. Chandler & Knowles has a skilled team of certified public accountants who are dedicated to making sure all our clients get the most out of their tax returns.
At a glance, we’ve compiled a list of items that are deductible as professional expenses for pharmacists. Note: if your company reimburses you, you are not eligible to deduct these expenses.
- Annual License Renewal
- However, exams and applications are not deductible.
- Malpractice Insurance
- Professional liability (malpractice) insurance is a MUST HAVE for pharmacists.
- Work Uniform and Related Expenses
- This includes dry cleaning expenses too.
- Travel Expenses
- Mileage to and from “temporary workplace” and any hotel/flight expenses. The current rate for mileage deduction is $0.58/mile.
- Professional Organization Fees
- This may include fees for organizations like AAPS (American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences), APhA (American Pharmacist Association), or ASHP (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists)
- Subscriptions and Certifications
- Any professional journal or drug information subscriptions needed for work or CPR/BLS (basic life support) certifications are deductible.
Our CPA Services for Pharmacists
Choosing a tax professional to help you with your taxes is not a choice that should be made hastily. Working with a team that has experience and expertise in tax preparation for pharmacists is the best choice to make sure all your appropriate documents are filed and all eligible deductions accounted for.
Planning for tax season is never the easiest, but doing it right is the key to reducing your tax liability. Our team goes beyond tax compliance and proactively recommends tax planning strategies to maximize your after-tax income. We always stay up to date on the latest tax law changes so you know you’re getting the best industry service.
Tax Return Review
Already have your taxes together? Why not have our team of experts review your paperwork to make sure your hard work was worth your tax return. Even if you’re sure you’ve got all your t’s crossed and i’s dotted, it's always better to have a second pair of eyes to make sure nothing fell through the cracks. When working with clients in reviewing their tax returns, we:
- Make sure the correct form(s) is/are used
- Make sure their business structure and filing is appropriate
- Check all deductions to make sure they are allowed
- Find deductions or credits that may have been missed
- Look for non-taxable items that can be removed
Contact Chandler & Knowles Today
We offer a complete range of tax services to help maximize your tax returns. We make sure you have all the correct forms, your business structure and filing status is appropriate, remove non-taxable items, and find all the deductions and credits you are entitled to. Trusting Chandler & Knowles with your pharmaceutical tax returns is not only the right choice, it’s the safe choice. For more information about our tax prep and tax return review services, contact our team today!